Are you a health conscious person? Would like to take care of your body and your loved ones? Reach your goal by joining The Registered Massage Therapist Certificate Diploma program presented by Langara College.
The Registered Massage Therapy Certificate Diploma Program is designed to prepare graduates to be independent, successful, and professional health care providers. Upon graduation you will not only meet but exceed the entry-to-practice requirements of the College of Massage Therapists of British Columbia (CMTBC). This intensive two-year program delivers curriculum beyond the standard in key areas such as research, gross anatomy, business skills, and subtle manual therapies.
- Introduction to Massage Therapy (Prerequisite to the RMT Program)
- CS Diploma in Registered Massage Therapy
- BC’s only public post-secondary institution to offer this training
- Additional certification in Subtle Manual Therapies (Cranial Sacral Therapy, Myofascial Release, Muscle Energy Technique and Visceral Manipulation)
- Gross anatomy labs
- Expanded curriculum in research, business practices, nutrition, and self-care
- Includes university level courses
- English requirement: IELTS: Score of 7.0 with no band less than 6.5.
- Practical requirements: Applicants must complete an Introduction to Massage weekend course. For applicants who are not able to arrive in Vancouver in time to attend the Introduction to Massage course, we recommend that the applicant seek out an introductory course in a hands-on treatment modality. Examples may include: oil massage, Thai massage, Shiatsu, acupressure massage.
- Supporting Documents:
- Resume outlining educational background and work experience.
- Personal essay outlining your decision to pursue massage therapy.
- Two reference letters are required with each application. Letters must be original and addressed to Langara College. General reference letters will not be accepted. Letters should outline why the writer feels you are a good candidate for the program and should draw on personal experience they have had with you.
- One reference letter from a personal contact that is not related to you that has known you for a minimum of five years
- One reference letter from a health care professional
- Criminal record check from the applicant’s home country. In addition a completed British Columbia Criminal Record Check Form must be sent to the Ministry of Justice in Victoria, BC.
- Official Visit to a Wellness Practitioner form completed by both the applicant and a Registered Massage Therapist, including essay component.
- Immunization and communicable disease form.
Tuition: $37,740 for the two-year program (can be paid in six installments, one per term). A non-transferable deposit is required at registration.
- September 6, 2016 (Deadline: July 15, 2016)
- January 3, 2017 (Deadline: Nov 15, 2016)
After students graduating from the program, they can apply for a Post-Graduate Work Permit, and will get for up to three years an open work permit.
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp! (ID: 1 604 618 5877)