Learn + Explore + connect with Rocky Mountain English College
Uvanu International gives you the opportunity of improving your English skills while enjoying a wild experience in the heart of the Canadian Rocky Mountains.
If you are a beginner to intermediate English speaker and you’re thinking about having an amazing experience this summer, this is your course!
Rocky Mountain English College is a small school located in a small town of the Canadian Rockies in which you’ll interact with teachers, students, and community members while enjoying its awesome environment surrounded by fascinating landscapes.
Valemount is located in Alberta: forests, deer, and bears county; Its crystal clear blue skies and gorgeous landscapes will guarantee your amusement and amazement. During this amazing experience you will see deer and bears walking along the highways, rainbows in the sky, wonderful lakes, and impressive deep forests. During this summer camp for adults only, the wild Canadian nature will bring out the adventurer in you!
How will you learn?
- Monday to Thursday lessons from 9 am to 3.30 pm in classes with 8 students on average.
- Communicative Language Teaching method that encourages student interaction and participation
- Group discussion, role-plays, interviews, negotiations, games, pair work, and presentations among other activities.
Which are the included subject areas?
- Speaking and pronunciation
- Listening and comprehension
- Reading and writing
- Grammar and vocabulary
Which are the activities that you will do in this summer camp for adults?
- Bike rides
- General conversation
- Study Clubs
- Tours of local places
- Trips to Mt Robson
- Trips to National Parks
- And so much more!
How long is the program?
- From August 1st to August 31 st 2017
How much is it?
- CAD $ 1800 (1190 € approx.) for the Program. Includes airport pickup from Kamloops on July 30th, materials, homestay placement, agent fee, and all activities.
- CAD $ 500 (330 € approx.) Accommodation (Without food) private room in Canadian home or shared apartment with another student (depending on availability)
- Total Program Cost CAD $ 2300 (1520 €) *Registration deadline: June 15th
What is included in the price?
- English classes Monday to Thursday 9 am to 3 pm (one hour lunch)
- Activities on Tuesdays, Fridays or Saturdays (listed below)
- Classroom materials
- Transportation in school van
- Bicycle to use while attending RMEC
- Outdoor camping gear and sports equipment to borrow
- Registration fee
- Materials fee
- Pick-up fee
Activities included in the program:
- Willow Ranch horseback riding
- River Safari boat trip
- Overnight hiking/camping trip to Kinney Lake – Mt. Robson Provincial Park
- Biking to Small River wildlife watching tour
- Trip to Jasper National Park (Maligne canyon, Pyramid lake, Edith Cavell)
- Salmon Viewing in Fraser River
- Valemount, BC Museum trip
- Berry and/or mushroom picking
- Brewer Tour – Three Ranges Brewery
- Bear Aware course
- Painting and photography workshops
- Trip to farm
- Class potluck
How can I apply for my registration?
- Contact Us to check the class schedule availability, price details or any other questions:
By email firstname.lastname@example.org or Telephone +1 604-682-7308
If you are in Vancouver you can also come to our office 4F 609 W. Hastings St. – Vancouver BC
- We will send you an English level quiz and student information package
The English level quiz will help the Rocky Mountain English College to determine which is the right level for you, to learn and improve your English.
The student information package will describe everything you need to know about attending Rocky Mountain English School. Travel options to Valemount, what-to-bring list (i.e. outdoor clothing, good footwear, etc), how to prepare for studying English, information about your home-stay or other accommodation.
- Pay for the program
Once you’ll send your registration form and document, we’ll send you an invoice for the program accommodation. Remember that you will be officially registered once we’ll receive your registration form and the payment.
- Obtain travel documentation to allow you to visit Canada
For most of Countries, you don’t need to apply for any Visa, Canada allows you to attend school as a visitor. For some Countries you just need an eTA (electronic Travel Authorization), for some others, you will need a TRV (Temporary Resident Visa). Contact us for more details!
- Arrive in Valemount
Once here you are ready to live the best and unforgettable experience of your life!!