Study + Work Permit Government of Canada will apply New Regulations for International Students with the purpose of “improving services to genuine students, while protecting Canada’s international reputation for high-quality education and reducing the potential for fraud and misuse of the program”.
Here is a summary of the changes:
1. Applicants must enrol in and continue to pursue studies in Canada. Failure to do so could lead to removal from Canada.
2. Study permits will only be issued to successful applicants who are pursuing studies at an educational institution that has been designated to receive international students.
3. Study permits will automatically authorize the holder to work off-campus for up to 20 hours per week during the academic session and full-time during scheduled breaks without the need to apply for a separate work permit. The study permit holder must be pursuing academic, vocational or professional training of six months or more that leads to a degree, diploma or certificate at a designated institution.
4. Only international students who are pursuing studies at a secondary school or at a designated institution may apply for a Co-Op Work Permit if a co-op placement is an integral part of their course of study.
5. Visitors may apply for a study permit from within Canada if they are at the pre-school, primary or secondary level, are on an academic exchange or a visiting student at a designated learning institution, or have completed a course or program of study that is a condition for acceptance at a designated learning institution.
6. A study permit becomes invalid 90 days following the completion of studies unless the foreign national also possesses a valid work permit or another authorization to remain in Canada.
7. Eligible international graduates will be authorized to work full-time after their studies are completed until a decision is made on their application for a Post-Graduation Work Permit.
Check out the Colleges and Universities we work with in Canada and get a Study and Work Permit (link to our Colleges and Universities).